From Prototyping to Production
Vacuum forming is a powerful tool for model-makers, product designers and industrial engineers. The FormBox can help you reduce your lead time on parts, save money and speed up your development cycle. The machine allows you to:
- Create product casings with different material finishes
- Cast small batches of precision parts in silicon and resin
- Create custom housings for electronics
- Work with transparent materials such as polycarbonate
- Create professional grade packaging from your desktop
- Work with flexible materials
- Manufacture short runs of working products for user testing
From Method to Melody
The FormBox represents creative synergy made manifest: it is a simple machine with infinite making potential. As a way of showing its breadth, our in-house designer Dean Pankhurst created each part of a fully functioning synthesizer – product casings; parts in silicone and resin; custom electronics housing; and professional grade packaging – using the FormBox. Dean then compiled his methods in a very attractive looking how to guide, from which this extract is taken.
Your own tabletop factory
The FormBox brings the means for end-to-end product development to your desktop. This machine democratises the production process: makers can now create a variety of product parts in a plethora of materials, colours and finishes quicker than before. Owning the Mayku FormBox means you can bring a physical product to market with the minimum of time and expenditure.